Sunday, June 22, 2014

CUFFED JEANS MAKING A COMEBACK

Christopher Kane Resort 2015 - Runway Photos - Vogue
While browsing Christopher Kane's resort collection for 2015, I happened upon a curious look. I was taken aback. The look flabbergasted me at first. I didn't know whether I liked it or not. At first glance, the blouse reminded me of the excess of Ed Hardy and I was a bit appalled.  I must say the blouse could have been on the verge of appearing super outdated if the strategically placed flowers weren't so graphic and modern in appearance. I'm also a bit exhausted by the trend of appliques on sheer fabrics, but this gives the sheer trend a new breath of life. It's nowhere near being inappropriate like most looks. Now the more I look at it and take it in I love the look. Straight leg cuffed jeans (a seemingly ordinary item) can look superb with a great pair of heels. The look is great for an editorial or a street style look. It brings back the relaxed casualness we were so accustomed to but left behind for the athletic inspired clothing of recent times.When most of the resort looks have loose silhouette looks and single pops of color, this look changes the atmosphere and I love it for that.


This photo belongs to Christopher Kane. If you want to see more of his looks head on over to Vogue.com.


No comments:

Post a Comment